Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes

I know I haven't been around at all, with pregnancy, a new baby, preschool started and everything else, I couldn't manage my time very well. Good news, I am back and ready to roll. This blog will still be about raising dudes, but I'm adding girls, and just being a stay at home mom. I will post amazing deals I find, and anything and everything I love. I'm considering changing the name, so if you have any ideas let me know, but I will let you all know of any major changes.

I'm starting my come back with a recipe. Simple, easy and something everyone will love. I came across a recipe for Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes on pinterest and couldn't resist! Sounds amazing doesn't it? I can confirm that they are just as delish as they sound. We had them for dinner last night and no one complained. Instead of rolls or buns, I made them on a slice of bread to cut back on calories and carbs.


via A Taste of Home Cooking
 A Taste of Home Cooking has amazing recipes so once I saw she made this one, it was a must for me to try. If you don't already follow her, you need to start now! I love her recipes and use her blog often for dinner ideas. The recipe and directions are from her blog.

Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes
Adapted from Rachael Ray

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound ground beef
1 softball-sized onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
2 tablespoons steak sauce
1 cup beef stock
Salt and ground black pepper
4 dinner rolls
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon flour
1 cup milk
1 cup provolone, shredded

In large skillet over medium-high heat add the oil and then brown the ground beef, about 5-6 minutes. Add the onion and green pepper and cook another 3-4 minutes, until the vegetables start to get tender. Stir in the steak sauce and beef stock, season with salt and pepper, bring up to a bubble and cook about 2 minutes.

Split open rolls and remove most of the soft insides, leaving a bed to hold the meat mixture. Toast the rolls and set aside. 

While the meat is cooking, melt the butter in a medium-size pot over medium-high heat. Stir in the flour and cook about 1 minute. Whisk in milk, bring up to a bubble and let thicken, about 2 minutes. Turn off heat and stir in the cheese. 

To serve, place a scoopful of the meat mixture onto the bottom of the rolls, then top with the cheese sauce and replace the top of the roll.


No comments:

Post a Comment