How much is a homemaker worth?


As a stay at home mom, the question has popped in my mind here and there. If I were to get paid for everything I do, what would I get? It's a legit question right? We cook, clean, we take care of kids, etc etc. Well, a friends husband sent her this article, and I am glad she shared it on her blog (which I can't share because its a family one, sorry!) Here is a link to the full article, which you definitely want to read.

Here is the final tally: $96,261 per year!

The daily work of a homemaker can sometimes be taken for granted by his or her family members. However, these services could earn a homemaker a considerable wage if he or she took those skills to the marketplace. Homemakers in general contribute a lot more to the home in addition to these tasks, and no amount of money can fill those needs.

I guess it's safe to say, hubby's dream of just being a stay home home dad/blogger could be reached if I could get paid for everything I already do. It's safe to call us amazing, because not many can do everything we do and still look cute every day. I never wanted to be a mom, let alone be a SAHM, but now that I am, I wouldn't trade it for anything. I love spending the days with my boys. I see all the firsts and don't miss out on a single thing, except sleep, but that's over rated at this point right?

No comments:

Post a Comment