Define Necessity

I have seen a lot of friends post this picture or one similar on their facebook. It really has touched my heart. Christmas isn't a time to spoil your children with an over abundance of gifts that will be tossed aside or broken within a month. Children need love, attention and comfort. In my family we do a money limit and age is a factor. My oldest is getting $50 worth of toys that he has picked out himself and we have hid, youngest is getting $35 worth of toys because we already own a ton and he is barely one and doesn't know or care about all of them. Hubby and I don't spend alot on each other also. I don't want to be in debt because of Christmas, I want to enjoy it and not see the bills later.

I don't want to come off as preachy or that I'm better because that isn't the case at all. I have a lot to learn about being a parent. I just am really taking the extra time to teach my oldest the true meaning. No matter what you believe, make sure you spoil your kids with love and attention and not toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment